These instructions will guide you through converting your Squadle-owned and managed iPad to an iPad that your organization will own and manage.
Before you start
Before completing the conversion process, you and your team will need to complete the following steps:
- Create an Apple ID(s) that the tablets will use to download the Squadle Workflows app and all other 3rd party applications they will require.
Note: Apple ID(s) have an upper limit on how many devices are connected to one Apple ID; you may need to create a couple of Apple IDs for your organization (Recommended), or create an Apple ID for each location.
You will also need to ensure all Apple IDs are verified and billing information has been updated. No credit card is necessary, but a billing address will be necessary to finish setting up the account.
- Ensure that whoever is completing your tablet conversions have access to Squadle HQ. To access Squadle HQ, you will need to have an account; users who receive daily emails regarding their store(s) have an account.
- If they have an account, they must log into Squadle HQ. If their information is not associated with their account, they can use the “Password Reset” button, locate the reset email in their inbox (reset/set their password), and return to the main HQ page where they can use that email and password to log in.
Factory Reset your iPad
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings > Erase iPad.
- This will begin the resetting process, which should take approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Once completed, your iPad will start the setup process. The first screen you see will be the “Hello” screen, and from there, you will configure your iPad to your organization’s preferences.
Please review the iPadOS setup guide from Apple if you need assistance.
While going through the setup screens, we recommend the following settings:
- Keep your iPad up to Date
- Locations services > “Enable Location Services”
Downloading and Activation of Squadle Workflows
Now that your iPad is converted and set up, it’s time to download Squadle Workflows.
Downloading the App
- Navigate to the App Store
- Select Search (bottom left) > type in “Squadle Workflows”
- Select “Get” > Re-enter your Apple ID Password
- If you have not confirmed payment info, you will get asked to do so here. Remember, no credit card is required, just a billing address.
Once the download is complete, you can open the Squadle Workflows app from the main home screen!
Activating Squadle Workflows
These steps will include using the tablet and an open browser window in Squadle HQ (if you need help accessing Squadle HQ you may just call the Support Line (877-727-1352) to connect with an agent.
- Open Squadle Workflows and Allow “Bluetooth Permissions”
- Select “Activate Now”
- Here is when you will need to log into Squadle HQ; use the SSO Login to access the activation page.
- **Tablet**, Use the code in the second section and type it in the box marked “Enter Device Activation Code” **Squadle HQ**.
- **Squadle HQ** select the squad (your organization name).
- Select the Location from the second drop-down menu that you want to activate.
- Hit Next.
- **Squadle HQ** You will automatically be brought to this location’s “Devices” page. One will be active, tinted slightly green, and will say “Newly Added Device” on the device card. You may close out of this window unless you need to activate more tablets at this time, which you can hit “Activate New Device” to return to the activation screen.
- **Tablet**: The Workflows app will automatically change to a “Success” page when successful > Select “Quit Application”.
- Re-Open Squadle Workflows, and a Checklists Update “pop-up” will appear > Select “Ok”
- Finally, re-open the Squadle Workflows app, and your Checklists will appear as normal.
From here, there are a few housing-keeping items, but all of this should be familiar to your team or up to your own preferences. Here is a guide to a few items we suggest you complete to ensure everything runs correctly.
- Turning Off Private Address: Settings > WiFi > Your Network > Tap (i) icon > Private Address > Off.
- After the tablet is whitelisted, please ensure that the private address (WIFI settings) is deactivated, or it will interfere with your whitelist connection (if applicable).
- Setting Up Restrictions – This tablet will be unmanaged, so it will be up to you to set up restrictions for your team. You can either do this with Parental Controls (via the Screen time menu) or Mobile Device Management software (MDM).
- Parental controls are free and can be set up in the settings menu (Screen Time).
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) software are services you can sign up for, but they will have a monthly fee per device. Jamf is a device management software native to Apple. Cheaper plans start at $2-3 a device per month. Please contact your franchise leadership to discuss the management style for your entire organization.
- Downloading Other Work-related Apps – Now that you have control of your own tablet, you can now download other work-related apps used by your organization. Please contact your leadership to determine which apps would be most useful.
If you have any questions regarding the set-up process, please email email@example.com, and a Squadle representative will be more than happy to assist.
If you are having trouble going through the steps provided to convert your tablet, please provide the serial number of your iPad(s) in your email.
You can obtain the serial number of your iPad by going to Settings -> General -> About.