This is in response to the Emerson, Cooper-Atkins MFT pyrometer firmware update back in late February 2020. we had to change a number of aspects to our app to accommodate the new software. As a result, customers who use the old version of the MFT pyrometer firmware may experience issues with temperatures taking a long time to stabilize or will not stabilize at all.
Below is a list of steps in order to update your pyrometer to the newest version of the software.
All that is required is a smartphone and your MFT pyrometer. (Note: You should close the Squadle app to make sure it does not interfere with this process. Please make sure you turn on Bluetooth on your phone before starting the process and disconnect any Bluetooth devices connected to it.)
1) Force close out of the Squadle Checklists application on your Squadle tablet OR power off your Squadle tablet. (If you need instructions on force closing an application, please visit: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330 )
2) Search for Blue2 Reader from Emerson, Cooper-Atkins from your device's app store and download it to your mobile device.
3) Turn On the pyrometer and open the Blue2 Reader (please ensure the phone's Bluetooth is turned on, pairing will be done through the app, not the Settings menu).
**If the probes light is not blinking then hit the Power button once to activate the Bluetooth on the probe, the light should be flashing Green at this point**
4) Select scan and select the Blue2 - MFT, by this point the probe should be blinking Blue once connected.
5) After the probe loads on your phone look at the bottom right side for "Firmware Update".
6) The firmware version needs to be 4.02. You can verify this by going to the top of this screen where you should see the firmware version below the heading "This Device" and "Hardware version". If the version is anything other than 4.00 select Check for Update, then run the update.
7) At this time the pyrometer will turn off and the updates will be applied to the pyrometer.
8) After this is complete you are all set! You can start using the pyrometer with the tablet and delete the app from your phone. (Note: This is not necessary to use the Squadle Checklist app. This is a one time update that you should complete and the app should be removed.)
If there are any issues or questions with the process please do not hesitate to reach out to the Customer Success team at (877)-727-1352, or email us at email@example.com.