If all of your RTS sensors are displaying as "Offline" in Squadle Checklists, Workflows, and/or HQ, it is most likely an issue with the Gateway.
What is the Gateway?
The Gateway is the device that the sensors communicate with and is typically located in the server room/closet of your restaurant.
There are four lights on the front of the Gateway that will power on or off depending on its status:
- First Light: Power Status
- Blue: Gateway is powered on
- Off: Gateway is not powered on
- Second Light: Cellular Connectivity Status
- Blue: Cellular connectivity is active
- Off: Cellular connectivity is not active
- Third Light: Ethernet Connectivity Status
- Blue: Gateway is plugged into a network switch
- Off: Gateway is not plugged into a network switch
- Fourth Light: Sensor Connectivity Status
- Blue: Gateway can connect to the internet
- Red: Gateway cannot connect to the internet
- First Light: Power Status
A Gateway that has been installed successfully, indicated by the light configuration.
If the gateway has been successfully installed, the following lights should display:
- First Light: Blue
- Second Light: Either Blue or Off
- Third Light: Blue
- Fourth Light: Blue
- Locate the Gateway in your server room/closet.
- Check to make sure that the Gateway has power by examining the 4 lights on the top of the Gateway. If the Gateway's lights are not on, please check the power cable and the outlet that the power adapter is connected to.
- If the Gateway has power, examine the 4 lights on the top.
If all lights are BLUE or the 1st, 3rd, and 4th are BLUE...
The Gateway needs to be power cycled.
- Power cycle the Gateway by unplugging the power cable from the Gateway.
- Wait 30 seconds and plug the power cable back in.
- The four lights will start flashing. Wait 5-10 minutes until the lights have stabilized.
- If all lights are blue or the 1st, 3rd, and 4th are blue, check the status of your Sensors in Squadle Checklists, Workflows, or HQ.
- If your sensors are still showing as "Offline", please notify your Account Manager or Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
If the 4th light is RED...
The Gateway is not connected to the internet.
- Check the network cable that is plugged in to the Gateway and your network switch and ensure that it is plugged in.
- If the network cable is plugged in and the 4th light is still red, this means that the port you have it plugged in to does not have an active internet connection.
- Locate and plug the network cable into a different port or a different network switch.
- Wait 5-10 minutes to see if the 4th light turns blue.
- If it turns blue, then the Gateway is able to connect to the internet. Check the status of your Sensors in Squadle Checklists, Workflows, or HQ.
- If the 4th light remains red, please notify your Account Manager or Customer Support at email@example.com for further assistance.